RFP Solution Services - ratefinding.com
As soon as you are negotiating with more than 200 hotels, it is worth your while to systematise the tendering process and tap into the know-how of hotel experts where necessary. ratefinding.com enables you to do both of these things.Jochen Rathei, Director DER Corporate Solutions
RFP Solution Services
Would you not prefer to sort out hotel procurement via the click of a button? Do you often find that communicating with a large number of different hotels is a tough task? Perhaps there is a lack of necessary transparency when it comes to dealing with prices and conditions. Or you may simply feel that negotiations are too protracted and that the process costs are too high.
We’ll be honest. Requests for proposals don’t take care of themselves, even via ratefinding.com. But what our web-based procurement portal does is provide you with all the tools you need to achieve efficiency and success by conducting your hotel buying activities in a largely automated way. You will be able to invite hotels to submit their offers via the click of a button. You will receive identically structured offers which can be compared automatically and thus achieve the best possible conditions. ratefinding.com provides you with a detailed summary of prices and numbers of overnight stays over the past two years. This will aid you in your price negotiations by giving access to specific and robust data across the whole of the procurement process.
We know that any online process is ultimately only as good as the people who stand behind it and will not leave you to deal with the intricacies of ratefinding.com on your own. We adapt the tool to your specific requirements and arrange for one of our Key Account Managers to provide you with all the support you need throughout the whole of the procurement procedure. We want you to receive the assistance you need when you need it.
If you prefer, you also have the option of delegating your entire hotel procurement process to us. RFP Consulting Solutions offers a consultancy solution that covers the whole of the value-added chain connected to the buying-in of hotel services.
- Standardised procurement and communication processes to enhance procedures
- Depending on the type and size of the hotel programme, manual or automatic data collection via FTS (DERTOUR File Transfer Standard), Lanyon or Nexus World Services data transfer
- Accelerated processes via a shorter procurement phase and more rapid availability of the hotel rates negotiated
- Cost savings by concentrating on core processes
- Simultaneous procurement of all hotel programmes to deliver bundled volumes
- Individually adapted modules for every single customer
- Effective evaluations and summaries via integrated reporting
- Connection to the DERhotel.com reservations portal
Service for Travel Managers
- Travel managers can use existing contractual data to create their company’s own hotel portfolio on an individual basis.
- Access via registered log-in details
- Contractual data can be viewed as soon as it has been collected by the various partners.
- Follow-up negotiations between travel managers and hotels/hotel chains can be conducted online.
- The system documents all the stages of any follow-up negotiations that take place.
- All the relevant contractual data of the hotels is clearly displayed on a single page.
- Access rights can be allocated in a differentiated way at country level.
- Travel managers are able to make direct comparisons between all data before making a hotel selection.
- Evaluations of such aspects as price differences compared to the previous year can be downloaded immediately.
Service for Hotel Chains
- Access to data from all hotels at any time via personal log-in – data records can be administered around the clock.
- Hotel chains can generate users themselves and allocate such users establishments for the processing of hotel and contractual data.
- Users can update hotel data such as address, fixtures and fittings etc. at any time.
- Manual rate quoting for various corporate programmes is possible on an annual basis.
- Hotel chains can send us all data via data transfer (File Transfer Standard/DERTOUR).
- ratefinding.com facilitates direct follow-up negotiations between the corporate travel managers and hotel chains or hotels.
- Printable confirmation of participation in the hotel programmes can be downloaded online.
- Download of rate loading information speeds up rate loading processes.
More than 100,000 hotels are already listed in the ratefinding.com database. These include 72,000 hotels that are part of a chain or have entered into cooperation agreements.
Please visit ratefinding.com to find out more.
RFP Consulting Services
Travel managers are increasingly seeking support and consultancy services for the provision of their corporate hotel programme. We are able to act as an expert partner across all phases of the procurement process.Jochen Rathei, Director DER Corporate Solutions
RFP Consulting Services
Sometimes you need to look more than twice to see how good a hotel programme is. Were rate negotiations really based on a robust analysis of volume and sales? Do the underlying General Terms and Conditions take the interests of the company into account? Is the portfolio strategy the right one? Or, as so often in life, would less have been more? The fact is that even seasoned buyers sometimes fail to make the most of rate negotiations because they lack overall market and branch knowledge.
As a customer of DER Corporate Solutions, you will enjoy the advantage of not having to think about such matters. Our RFP Consulting Service will provide you with the necessary detailed knowledge to achieve the very best outcome. We can offer assistance with every phase of the procurement process should you so wish. Get help with identifying optimum conditions on the basis of actual hotel costs. Learn to use any discounts that are offered in an effective manner. Draw up a scorecard for the country-specific evaluation of your buying activities.
If you like, we can even go one step further. We will take over the whole of the procurement process and identify potential areas for improvement along the whole of the value-added chain. Our Analysis, Strategy, Sourcing and Auditing products enable us to transform this potential into tangible cost benefits.
We analyse trends, volumes and agreements. We define rate caps, hotel portfolios and contractual areas. We also select suitable hotel partners and begin the sourcing process. Once the tendering process and negotiations have been concluded, we will evaluate the RFP criteria and make sure your hotel programme is ready in good time. We will then check whether the rates negotiated are actually available in all relevant booking channels.
- We analyse overnight stay volumes with differentiation according to countries, cities or hotels.
- We use credit card data, expense reports or booking statistics to determine actual hotel costs.
- We carry out a gap analysis in order to check the extent to which the underlying assumptions and target values are in line with predicted developments and identify volume hotels.
- We support you in the development or adaptation of rate caps in line with the market.
- We scrutinise the General Terms and Conditions agreed.
- We analyse your hotel programme and use the latest market data to implement a benchmark.
- We use rate caps as a negotiating guideline and for the management of bookings within the respective booking channels.
- We develop a procurement strategy and stipulate and implement agreed cost-saving objectives in accordance with defined criteria.
- We develop an appropriate portfolio strategy, identify relevant hotel portfolios or adapt existing portfolios, and identify requirements as appropriate by reducing, swapping or altering star categories.
- We use various reports and key indicators to evaluate hotel buying and:
- check whether all contractual hotels are operating within the stipulated rate cap;
- monitor whether the procurement process is on schedule;
- assess the procurement on the basis of rates development weighted by overnight stays;
- draw up scorecards for the country-specific evaluation of buying activities.
- We conduct rate negotiations on behalf of the customer and offer flexible sourcing support.
- Clients are afforded flexibility in terms of deciding the extent to which they wish to hand over the negotiating process. They may choose to delegate RFP management in full or may equally opt to pass on responsibility for individual phases only, such as preparation and RFP follow-up.
- We provide a summary of bookability in the GDS (Amadeus, Sabre, Galileo, Pegasus).
- We ensure the simplification of the rate loading process by adding Global Viewership.
- We use our rate loading tests to check whether the rates negotiated are actually available in all relevant booking channels.
Online Booking Services - DERHotel.com
With more than 100,000 accommodation options to choose from, DERhotel.com enables both business and private travellers to find the right hotel in over 180 countries every single time.Jochen Rathei, Director DER Corporate Solutions
online booking services
The online booking services available on DERhotel.com are straightforward, reliable and geographically precise. This enables travellers to find a hotel that perfectly suits their needs. In the hotel search, the booking platform considers criteria such as distances to trade fairs, airports, railway stations or selected sights as well as taking company locations and other individual waypoints into account. It goes without saying, of course, that you will always be shown only the most favourable rates for the hotels and room categories that are actually available and that, as a corporate customer, the agreed net rates will also be displayed to you.
DERhotel.com permits you to find the hotel of your choice in four clicks of the mouse and, if necessary, to access information on climate, entry requirements and dates of holiday and trade fairs. You pay for the services you have booked either at the hotel directly or in advance by credit card. You can also be sure that your reservation will be processed by a reliable and highly reputable partner. DERhotel.com is a product of the established DER Touristik Group, meaning that someone will always be available to assist you with any queries, requests and ideas you may have.
- For our corporate customers, individually negotiated company net rates are compared against our most favourable market rate.
- Companies without individually negotiated company net rates have the opportunity the integrate DERhotel.com fully within the company’s own intranet.
- As well as using our hotel portal, you can further enhance your travel management by processing the whole of your hotel procurement via our ratefinding.com platform.
- We offer corporate customers the possibility of integrating DERhotel.com into online booking tools such as Cytric, Onesto or Rearden.
For Travel Agencies
- The extensive hotel portfolio enables you to address the wishes of your customers in a more flexible way.
- A choice of more than 100,00 hotels worldwide across all categories means that you are bound to find the right hotel.
- Simple processing of your booking via a partner link, which we will set up for you.
- You can also integrate this link on your own website.
- You will not incur any participation fees or other costs.
- You will receive a fixed commission rate of 5% for each booking actually realised – no sliding scale and no minimum sale.
- DERhotel.com sales count towards DERTOUR overall sales and are included in the sliding scale calculation of the additional commission.
- Payment of commission via DERhotel.com is guaranteed for all bookings transacted (except for cancellations and no-show’s). You will receive the commission from us even if we do not receive this from the hotel. We assume the risk for you.
- In order to ensure greater clarity, you will receive a monthly commission statement and a detailed summary of the bookings transacted via DERhotel.com.
- Your customers on DERhotel.com are self-payers (no voucher system), meaning that your agency is not involved in the billing process.
- Register online using our registration form at DERhotel.com.
- Your listing on our hotel booking portal means that you benefit from an effective additional distribution channel.
- You will also have automatic access to all member companies of DERhotel.com and to more than 4,000 travel agencies registered with the site.
- Participation does not require any investment or technical installation on your part.
- We do not charge any enrolment fees or ongoing fees for use of the service. All that you are required to pay is an agency commission of 12% of the final price.
- Participation in DERhotel.com is possible all year round.
- Transmission of booking takes place in a simple manner by fax/e-mail or via the Pegasus reservation system.
- Hotels without a Pegasus connection can manage their availabilities, allocations, rates, images and hotel descriptions online and round the clock via the DERhotel administration systems.
- As a service provider that forms part of the DER Touristik group brand, DERhotel.com acts as a fair partner for hotels and provides them with the security of a long-term cooperation agreement.
During trade fair periods, hotels are scarce and expensive. TRADEFAIRS enables you to secure your allocations on a long-term basis and achieve attractive conditions.Jochen Rathei, Director DER Corporate Solutions
Are you seeking a reliable solution to secure hotel room allocations during trade fair periods? A tool that offers you flexible allocation management and straightforward booking processes? A service backed up by a team that can carry out procurement and booking activities on your behalf if necessary?
Then our online portal TRADEFAIRS is precisely what you are looking for. We provide allocations of every size for rapid and easy online booking. Our web tool also processes the procurement of your hotel allocations for trade fairs. Everything happens online and in real time, offering the best rates and attractive conditions.
TRADEFAIRS is, however, much more than just a conventional procurement portal. It also makes the CHAP (Corporate Hotel Allocation Platform) system available to users. This is a powerful but extremely user-friendly tool for the management of room allocations and the processing of bookings.
TRADEFAIRS permits you to buy and manage your hotel allocations in an individual way. Both allocation management and booking systems run online and are perfectly coordinated. All bookings transacted are confirmed in real time, thus delivering maximum security of planning. In order to make booking procedures even easier for your company, it is even possible to integrate the relevant processes into your intranet or Internet presence.
It goes without saying that this also applies if we act on your behalf in buying hotel allocations. Ultimately, we see ourselves as your partner and are delighted to support you in the individual procurement of large room allocations, regardless of whether you are looking for a hotel at the trade fair site itself, in the city or in the surrounding area.
YOUR BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- You enjoy a wide selection of hotels at a large number of trade fair venues.
- You receive a transparent presentation of hotel terms and conditions and are able to take advantage of attractive hotel offers.
- You have access to a full service package. This encompasses the individual procurement of trade fair allocations, the booking service, logistics arrangements for travel to the trade fair venue and even extends to include a professional supporting programme
- You can make individual or group bookings online at any time of the day or night.
- You retain security of planning at all times whilst our free web-based CHAP participant management system provides a clear summary of your hotel allocations.
- More information on TRADEFAIRS is available here.